Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm Lenora. I'm Cry Baby's destiny.

Finally! Last night we got to sing through the entire musical. I was getting quite anxious to hear everyone else's songs. And let me reiterate: we freakin' rock this music! Not only do we rock, we're really good too. :)


I got to serenade my beautiful Cry Baby last night with "Screw Loose." And I think after it was all said (shouted) and done, he realized I am no ordinary psycho. Maybe it was my conversational bits in between verses, or maybe it was just the way I said his name but I think Cry Baby might be fallin' for me. We got him right where we want him, Lenora. I knew we'd make a great team.


I love my ballad "Screw Loose." Once you hear me sing this tune, I'm not sure you'll refer to it as a ballad. But it is in its entirety. It is a simple song about very simple, sentimental feelings. Lenora absolutely loves Cry Baby. Loving him is the best and worst thing that could have ever happened to her. And for him not to reciprocate such passion and angst for her, is horrifically tragic. However...I truly believe that Lenora has manipulated her own mind in such a way that Cry Baby not loving her is in no way possible.
In "Screw Loose" and even before (in the script) Lenora confesses to Cry Baby her eternal love with every breath she takes. (How dramatic) There is a specific line that I love in the script when Cry Baby is pushing Lenora away from him. He says to her "I thought you'd take the hint when I ran over you with my car." (or something like that) And Lenora's immediate response: "I'll always treasure that moment." No matter what kind of attention Cry Baby gives to Lenora, it is in fact just that: attention. That is the only thing she really craves. And that's all she really needs to prove that he loves her too.


I have found myself referring to myself as Lenora lately. Like, we actually are morphing into a single soul. Which I wouldn't be opposed to; I truly admire her passion. I caught myself being overly dramatic about a silly situation that happened at work one day, and realized that I was sounding an awful lot like my character for Cry Baby. So to help myself complete the transformation and fully allow Lenora to possess me, I have created a piece to better help me in forming my character analysis for her.
I've thought of a nifty little list of similarities between myself and Lenora. Just so I see for myself how crazy I might actually be.


Lenora Frigid
Age: 16 going on 13.
Height: average, about 5"
Weight: perky.
Hair: lustrous, like her love for Cry Baby.
Likes: extraterrestrials, discovering new shortcuts so as to stalk people better (specifically people named Cry Baby), painting fingernails, carving initials or pictures of lovers into her skin, daydreaming, serenading a crowd of Cry Babies, zombies, animals that may come in handy if she would ever decide to actually kidnap Cry Baby, spaghetti, ice-cream cones (strawberry preferably), doodling stick figures into trees that Cry Baby will potentially pass by, and sneaking into Cry Baby's trunk just to be closer to him.
Dislikes: The Drapes (they are so rude), The Squares (they are so dumb), Allison especially (she is so not better than us), Turkish Taffy, locks on doors that make it very difficult to be close to Cry Baby, black licorice, and when she gets a malt without the malt powder...so then it's a strawberry shake..not a strawberry malt. And anything that keeps her apart from Cry Baby for more than 5 minutes, like Allison. Did we mention Allison, yet?
Voted most-likely-to after graduation: live in a bomb shelter.
Social status: single and highly unaware of reality.


VS.


Terrie Carolan.
Age: 23 going on 13.
Height: incredibly tall.
Weight: chubby in all the right places.
Hair: an inch for every personality.
Likes: E.T. and Drew Barrymore, driving faster than is permitted so as to mingle with people sooner, painting fingernails, carving pictures into bathroom stalls, daydreaming, serenading a crowd of drunks..or not drunks..zombies, animals that may come in handy if I ever decide to start my own petting zoo, spaghetti, ice-cream (preferably strawberry), doodling stick figures on people's shoes that they will potentially wear everyday, and sneaking into Prince's SUV so as to convince him I'm the one he's waited for.
Dislikes: The Squares (they are so weird), Alf (the only alien I'm so not cool with), Turkish Taffy, locks on doors when I really have to pee, black licorice, and when I get a malt without the malt powder...so then it's a strawberry shake..not a strawberry malt. And anything that keeps me apart from Prince for more than 5 hours, like sleeping.
Voted most-likely-to after graduation: become a professional story-teller.
Social status: single and mostly unaware of reality.



I'd say Lenora and myself are going to be friends for a long time. Like Dory and Marlin. And Calvin and Hobbes.

I personally have never stalked anyone. But I think Lenora can easily convince me in due time.


I'll say sayonara for now with this: A quote from the original Lenora -- "Lenora tries hard and has the best intentions. When she was growing up, she wasn't taught — er, boundaries, maybe? She doesn't realize how far she goes is really not the norm. She doesn't get 'no.' 'No,' to her, is still 'yes.' At the heart of it, she wants what we all want — to belong and be loved."-Alli Mauzey. Lenora is so crazy. But don't forget why. She's crazy in love. And love takes us to crazy measures.


If we had to be screwy, well we'd rather be screwy for Cry Baby than anybody else.

1 comment:

  1. Where does the song, Screw Loose, take place? Cause she says she is dedicating the song to him.

    ReplyDelete