Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'll always treasure that moment.

Cry Baby is so great! Every rehearsal is just way too much fun and I can't wait to start adding all the other stuff like costume changes and lights that suck your will to live and the band and the bushes and the mics! Oh, wow. I get real excited just thinking about it all.
Everything is coming together so perfectly. And as I re-study my lines, it's interesting to see how far we've come. Lenora and I. I mean, the rest of the cast has come a long way too. But this is my blog. So I have to talk mostly about Lenora or Cry Baby, or else she gets angry. Anyway...
Trish, our lovely stage manager, has started giving us line notes. Dun dun dunnn. This happens right before "hell week" starts and basically she sends the entire cast an email listing all the crap we said wrong onstage and what we are actually supposed to be saying. Simple concept, right. But once you've said something wrong for so long, it's sorta hard to flip the switch sometimes. So after I read my "line notes," I flipped through my script to correct my errors but I was immediately distracted.
For those of you who have done shows with me, you know that I am notorious for doodling in my script and score during our "blocking" rehearsals. Well, Lenora and I reminisced our divine meeting last night with these beautiful artist renditions...
Enjoy.

I don't know why I've never thought about sharing these with you all until now. I have to give Dupree some credit. He wrote a hilarious blog the other day that included some of his blocking notes and I thought it was such a wonderful idea to show you all what we really do in rehearsal when Scott is looking...
Well, that's really all you need to know about Cry Baby before you come see us next weekend.

See ya next weekend!

















1 comment:

  1. There is so much win in this post. I especially love how tall Ryan's stick figures are, the smoochy scene behind the bush there and the careful details of having perfect circle boobs on all the Lenoras. LOOOVE.

    ReplyDelete