Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday bitch!

Things are heatin' up fast on the New Line stage! We're getting things done and moving along quickly and smoothly. Mostly :)

I'm really excited that we're in the theatre now. And our set pieces are now being incorporated in the blocking, which is awkward right now. But in a week, we'll be glad to finally have those real benches rather than folding chairs! Haha, not too easy to sit down too quickly...or to do the deed on! :D

And here we go into the nitty gritty! Character analysis is underway and I think alot of us are still trying to figure out who we really are in the show. Ivy is surprising me. And I'm having a difficult time with some of her inner feelings still. Scott really likes us to have background stories for our characters. 1) It makes them so much more believable to the audience because 2) it turns us into real people rather than characters. So figuring out Ivy's background has gotten interesting, but difficult. I have a hard time leaving my self out of the making of it all. Ivy and Terrie may be similar in our insecurities but we definitely hold ourselves differently in public. We like different music, I think. And we have very different views on things. I am very optimistic and outgoing. Ivy---not so much. Playing such a different personality than my own has been challenging. But way too fun!
Things I need to work on:
1) being a super-slut
2) being an insecure super-slut
3) forgetting that people are watching me get frisky with Jason!
4) remembering my freakin' lyrics
5) remembering my blocking as well...

There are obviously things that I need to work on. But with 8 more run thrus, I'll nail all of the above! It's really just doing it over and over to get comfortable. My lyrics have already gotten much stronger within a weekend, so I know I can do this. Once Jake and I figure out what's really gonna go on during our love-making, things will also become much more comfortable and smooth. Oh, and letting my bony knee caps get used to the harder than hard benches!!! And no, Scott, paint is not going to make the benches less hard! Hehee

I have faith in this production. I feel the message is so powerful and anyone and everyone should understand it. It may be a pretty sad show, but the value within it is beautiful!

Rock out, bare cast! I love working with all of you so much <3

No comments:

Post a Comment