Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Alas!!!

Alright, I think I've figured it out. Lucetta and I finally got some much needed counsel and we are going to be just fine! Haha, thank you Scott. I always try to remember that if I can't find the answer to my problem, I need to rephrase the question. You have done that for me! Now Lucetta and Julia have some new found perspective and can rock that stage til the break of day. :D

Also, reading Sparknotes has never helped me more than it has for this show. Really, I mean, it shared some good insight to Two Gents that I wasn't reading into by myself. It turns out, Shakespeare is kinda deep! But that doesn't mean we can't understand it. So, thank you Scott and Sparknotes for your guidance and 101 on Big Will. Now I can apply this insight to my performance and all will be awesome.

I really love the energy for this show. It's so big and so fun. And it makes me feel really groovy. Which, is the best feeling, of course! I'm not sure whether it's the show itself, or whether it's the people I get to work with everyday. But I am so happy every time I get to go to rehearsal. No matter how bad my day was at work, or how sick I feel, or how tired I am, or whatever else is going on in my life at the time; I get to New Line and nothing can bring me down. That's the kind of energy I'm talking about. We just feel good when we're all together. That's what I love about this theatre. It's what I love about the cast. It's what I love about Scott and Trish. We can have such a great time rehearsing, but still put on fantastic productions.
We can even party all night long with perfect strangers and still have a groovin' time. Thanks, Chuck Miller for throwing New Line that delicious event. I had quite a good time, and your wine was yummo!

Hell week begins in t-minus 5 days. But really, we shouldn't refer to it as hell-week. It's alot of fun! I love when a show finally starts to come together. When costumes, lights, mics, make-up, props, the band, the whole sha-bang is mixed together. Hell-week, honestly, is probably my favorite part of putting a show up. It's the point of no return. :)
and I like leaping without fear.

Let's do this already!
I am too stinkin' excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment