Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This ain't no Coconuts!


I'm a little bit behind on the blogging process for High Fidelity.

My apologies. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to write about. But I usually don't ever know what I'm doing, until I'm actually doing it. So, here I go.


I really wasn't sure of High Fidelity at first. And by that I mean I really didn't like it. This is the book I'm talking about; not the movie (because I've never seen it) nor the stage production (because I started reading the book before rehearsals began and had never been introduced to the show). I had a really hard time getting into High Fidelity, the novel (so we're clear now). Maybe it was because of Nick Hornby's writing style, or maybe it was because it's written with British slang and all around weirdness, or maybe simply because it's written from a dude's perspective (and I do not understand dudes), but I'm really convinced I couldn't really get into High Fidelity solely because Rob Gordon is a big.rolling.turd. Seriously. The guy is a freakin' asshole. And I cannot stand him. With every chapter I read, I just hate him more and more. I haven't finished the book; I'm about 12 chapters out. Though, once we had our first read-through and I started to love Jeff Wright it was easier to read High Fidelity. Probably because Jeff instilled some genuineness? into Rob that I couldn't find before. Nonetheless, I still hate Rob. Maybe I will avoid the movie...




I'm Anna. I'm also Allison Ashworth. Again, I get a chance to display my multiple personality disorder onstage. Lovely for you all. I've got a pretty good idea of who I want Anna and Allison to be, but considering we've only just begun I'm sure those ideas will change quite a few times in the coming weeks.
I like Anna. She is really pretty cool. She's so different from any other character I've played. She's quiet. :)
I like Allison, too. She's probably exactly who I was when I was in 7th grade. That may or may not be a good thing..


Most characters in High Fidelity are fairly small. Rob and Laura are some mongo stage hogs (not literally), but they do take up like the entire story obviously! Which is perfectly fine with me. I love love love developing character. And the smaller my parts are, the more I get to decide who they are. I love the freedom we have as actors to create personality in a role. I get to get creative for 2 individual people this time! Pretty exciting stuff, my friends.


We're moving right along with this show. It's really fun! I really really love it. Not like the book (because I still hate that Rob guy a little too much to ever love it), but this show is awesome! I feel like we're in a giant rock concert all the time. And don't we all wish life was a giant rock concert? As if that's even a question. :)

Our group numbers sound incredible! We all blend so well, and our harmonies are saweeeeet! We girls are boppin' around like the sexy thangs we are. And Rob, Dick, and Barry are retardidly hilarious. And sweet sweet Laura brings us all back together again. I love working with Kimi. I have missed her.


That's all I got for now. I'll be back with more later! Until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment