Monday, March 19, 2012

I had your baby...I had it dozens of times.

It's been a while since I've updated this old blogger of mine. Sorry 'bout that..I just get so wrapped up in a show! And if you've seen Cry Baby already, then you can understand why.

Cry Baby has really been a roller coaster of a production. Ever since our first rehearsal, I knew this was going to be alot of work. Not just finding Lenora, but being able to keep up the amount of energy necessary to make Cry Baby as exciting as it is. After hell week, I thought I was done for. My voice was shot, I was absolutely exhausted, and I didn't know how I was going to keep up with everyone onstage. But as always, once I see that audience out there I get silly with excitement and my adrenaline forms an endless amount of energy from only God knows where. I blog about this feeling for every New Line show, but really. It's something I crave. It's such a wonderful sensation to experience. Performance. I cannot stand to be without it.



So 9 performances down, with 3 more to go...and I'm not sure how to feel. Honestly, I'm exhausted. But I'm sort of addicted to all this endurance I've built up. And really I'm not ready to say good-bye to Lenora quite yet. Although, I get this strange feeling that she's not going to let me get away that easy. And she certainly isn't going to let Cry Baby get away either. Things'll get interesting come this Saturday, I'm sure. :)


It happens all the time, but every weekend that goes by Cry Baby gets even better. This show really has been a great time. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my cast and crew in the theatre and out. I've had many a people say to me after Cry Baby that they can't believe I started off my New Line debut as Peron's mistress singing "Another Suitcase in Another Hall," and now here I am throwing myself around onstage actin' a fool as a cutesy crazy pants. I've come a long way as a performer. Something I'm not fully aware of until I'm told. And I'm so incredibly appreciative that I get to come to work everyday just to entertain people. It's a really great feeling to know that Lenora and I have made an impression. I love nothing more than to make people laugh.



I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog again before our show is officially over. So if I don't make it back in time, know that I love you all! and am very thankful for your support in my endeavors (I'm talkin' to you, Mom and Dad). Lenora sends her best!






I'm really gonna miss you, Cry Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment