Thursday, July 22, 2010

T minus 10, 9, 8, 7....Evita blasts off!

The show has been sold out twice now! And as far as I can predict, we'll be sold out again this weekend. It's really been an incredible run of Evita. Everynight something changes just a little bit, to keep everyone on their toes. Nothing in the show changes persay, but the energy changes. And each performance we become a tighter cast, and we become Argentina a little bit more every day. And we fall in love with Eva like never before.

I'm so proud of this show. I think this is the first production I've been in in a long time that I've actually encouraged, pleaded, and begged people to come see. It's really exciting! It's a feeling I've missed. And I can't believe the turn out we've had of audience members! I haven't had more than two friends come to see me yet..but that's changing this weekend! I've got ALOT of friends coming to support me in Evita! And I think they'll be very surprised at the difference of performance at New Line of myself and all the other actors onstage than they've had in other productions at other venues. It's really a different feel, this musical. Evita is not your typical show. And I can't wait to see how surprised my loved ones are at the end of it this weekend.

And hellllllllllo! Did you watch the KDHX clip of "Two on the Aisle!?" that was so cool. We've been getting great reviews! And why shouldn't we! New Line has created a beautiful show that audience members really get caught up in. It's exhilirating.

I hope more than anything at the end of every performance that every person in the theatre is moved. Whether they've fallen in love with Eva, as the cast has. Or whether they question Eva's questionable rise to fame and fortune, like Che. I hope you cry. I hope you feel our pain. I hope you feel as if you are a part of Argentina's rise of the working-class. I hope you recognize the similarities of Evita with our current political and national issues. I hope you feel inspired after seeing Evita. And most of all, I hope you forget you're seeing a production on stage. There's nothing I love more than hearing my audience say that they forgot they were in a theatre; that they were really involved in the story, they became the storytellers as well.

I can't wait to see how this weekend goes. I've had butterflies in my stomach all month! I can't wait to laugh, to dance, and to sing for you all. And I can't wait to expose my heart and soul onstage. If you haven't seen Evita at New Line theatre yet, I strongly encourage you to get there quickly. You will not regret it.

For Argentina!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment